Spam, Warez, Piracy and Illegal Activities.
6LAYER does NOT permit any of it’s services to be used for illegal purposes. These include but are not limited to spam, unsolicited commercial email, warez hosting, piracy and hacking related activities. 6LAYER will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. 6LAYER may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
If 6LAYER discovers child pornography on any services provided to you, your account will be immediately terminated without refund. Your personal details will be passed to law enforcement authorities and we will assist fully with law enforcement authorities around the world to seek charges against You.
Hacking / Denial of Service / Sniffing / Spoofing
6LAYER do not permit any type of hacking, denial of service, distributed denial of service, sniffing, spoofing, password cracking or similar malicious activities to be performed on or by it’s services. 6LAYER will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. 6LAYER may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
If your account was cancelled or suspended for non-payment and you still need your data to take with you, there is a $15 per incident charge for all inquiries regarding previous services and / or support. We generally keep backups available for a period of 30 days after account cancellation, but can provide no guarantees on the actual length of availability of a backup.
Web Hosting & Reseller Web Hosting Services
6LAYER has strict resource usage restrictions on Web Hosting and Reseller Web Hosting Services. These are designed to maintain the integrity, security and performance of our web servers. Failure to abide by these restrictions may result in account suspension or termination without refund.
- No script or piece of software may use 25% or more of system resources for 60 seconds or longer
- No user may have above 5,000 opened files at any moment (the limit does not apply to overall number of existing files, owned by the user)
- The number of emails sent from all email accounts at the same domain name cannot be more than 200 per hour
- Running stand-alone, unattached server side processes/deamons is strictly prohibited
- Running any type of web spider / indexer (Google Cash / Ad Spy) is strictly prohibited
- Running any bit-torrent / P2P application is strictly prohibited
- Running cron scripts with intervals of less than 15 minutes, or setting up more than 5 simultaneous cron jobs is strictly prohibited
- Running of public file exchange services is strictly prohibited
- Adult content is strictly prohibited
Disk Usage Provision
90% or more of your content on your website must be linked from an HTML or similarly coded web page where all content is freely available to the public. Your website consists of web pages of a standard design, essentially HTML based text and graphics. Downloadable files, media, streaming content or any file which is deem unlawful or infringes on copyright is strictly not allowed and may result in account termination.